Etsy is a global marketplace for selling and buying handmade items, crafts, supplies for crafts, art products, and vintage goods. So, if you were looking for a place to sell your handmade crafts or art products, Etsy is definitely all you need.
Established in 2005, Etsy is giving an opportunity to crafters, artists, and all talented people to share their products and their work with the rest of the world. Besides the huge popularity and reputation, you will be able to earn some extra profit, if you know how to sell of course.
There are more than 900.000 sellers who run shops on this platform and more than 1.5 million products available at any time of the day. The reason why so many people, artists, and crafters are using this platform is because it is free and easy to use.
All you need to do is to create an account (creating an account is free of charge) and open your own Etsy shop. You can design your shop according to your taste and style and start listing the products you want to sell. Listing a product is 20 cents and once the product is sold, Etsy will take 3.5% of the final price. When compared to other e-commerce websites such as eBay and Amazon, this is pretty generous from Etsy.
The sellers fall into three categories: crafting supplies, handmade items, and vintage items. Choose your category and analyze your competitors. You need to understand that as close you are to your competitors the better it will be for you to stand out from the crowd.
If you want to be a successful Etsy seller, you need to consider a few things: you need to least unique and original products only, you need to write detailed description about the products you sell, You need to include keywords in the descriptions so your potential customers can locate your shop easier, you need to offer the right prices, you need to target the right audience, and you need to promote your shop by using the social media networks.
How to Successfully Sell Your Handmade Crafts or Art Products on Etsy
- Do your research – Without a proper research, you would not be able to focus on what is important. Analyze the website and gather all information before you start selling.
- Create the best images possible – This is a very important thing to do! Being unique and original will help you create a fabulous image about yourself, your business, your brand, your style, and your products.
- Use keywords – We already mentioned that using keywords is extremely important if you want your buyers and potential customers to locate your Etsy shop. Avoid general keywords and use keywords that best describe your products.
- Is it a gift – In order to make sure you get more sales throughout the year fit in with the seasonal holidays and festivities such as Christmas, Valentine’s Day, Halloween, and etc. Think about what you could possibly offer for these holidays.
- Build trust – You need to ensure your customers that you are a reliable and trustful seller. Earn their trust and make them feel more secure.
So, are you ready to sell?
If you are one of those people who think there is no market for art on the web then you are not alone. But that doesn’t make you right either. It is now commonplace for art deals to be made online as the number of art pieces sold on the internet is increasing with each Read more about Tips on Selling Original Artwork Online[…]
Buying and selling furniture online can be quite a daunting task as there are numerous listings available on various furniture selling websites. Hence, it is important to understand the basic points that would enable you to sell your furniture at the best price. Also, as a buyer you need to have thorough knowledge about various Read more about Buy and Sell Furniture Online at Best Price[…]
Selling art online can be pretty tough and tricky for artists. People can usually find paintings by typing their names in the search engine, however most of the time they don’t know the name of the artist they might be interested in. Therefore, most artists don’t get their work out to the vast majority population. Read more about A simple Rule to Sell More Art Online[…]